Steel Buildings & Structures Inc. is a company that stands behind its product line and offers peace of mind to our customers and authorized dealer representatives. With the best installation teams in the business, whom are provided with excellent materials, and the most capable engineering in the steel building industry, we feel confident our structures will stand the test of time. Our product line is warrantied as follows:
Certified Vertical Roof Style Buildings:
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 90 day workmanship warranty from the date of installation
- 20 year rust through warranty (12 and 14 gauge frame)
Sheeting and Trim:
- 10 year limited warranty
All warranties are subject to our normal terms and conditions listed on your purchase contract. Units over 31′ in length which are not purchased Vertical Roof Style carry no warranty other than the 1 year workmanship and are not warranted against leaks at the seam.
Steel Buildings & Structures Inc. 90 Day Workmanship Warranty
Any unit purchased from Steel Buildings & Structures Inc. is guaranteed to be free of workmanship errors at the time of installation and for a period of 90 days from the date of install.
Workmanship is defined as: the degree of skill with which a product is made or a job done.
Workmanship and Proper operation will be determined at the sole discretion of Steel Buildings & Structures Inc management, and will follow standard industry guidelines.
Situations that will fall under Workmanship will include:
- Trim Cuts
- Sheeting Cuts
- Screw installation pattern
- Material free of defects
- Proper installation of required anchors
- Tube cuts
- Proper operation of all door and windows
Situations that will not fall under the workmanship warranty are as follows:
- Leaks at the seam (overlap) of any Boxed Eave or Regular Roof unit or leaks at the seam of any addition to a Boxed Eave or Regular Style unit
- Any situation where a Steel Buildings & Structures Inc. was not provided by the purchaser with a perfectly level and perfectly square installation site
Steel Buildings & Structures Inc Tubular Frame Warranty:
- Warranty covers 12 and 14 gauge tubular frame
Assuming normal care and maintenance, which should consist of regular cleaning with mild soap and warm water. We do not recommend any particular commercial cleaner, or any other substance to assist in the cleaning of the tubular frame.
Warranty does not cover the following applications of the tubular frame:
- Contact with soils, ashes, fertilizers or other moisture retaining substances
- Attack from chemical agents, fumes, liquids or solids other than natural rain falling onto product
- Failure to remove debris and or failure to provide free drainage of water including internal condensation from all surfaces of the tube.
- Deterioration of the tube due to contact with green or wet timber or treated pine
- Installations subject to unusually corrosive environments at any given time current or in the future
- Storm or any other act of God
- Animal containment or exposure to K-9 urine
- Covering of tubular frame in concrete of any composition
SUBJECT: STEEL BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES INC SHEET METAL TEN (10) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
We are pleased to present you with our 10-year limited warranty that is below.
- Our paint for our sheet metal product line will not crack, chip or peel (loose adhesion) for ten (10) years. This does not include minute fracturing that may occur in proper fabrication of the buildings parts.
- In case of complaint, you will provide access to us and assist us as necessary in determining the exact cause of failure; ASTM and NCCA testing procedures will be used.
- If our Sheet Metal fails to comply with our limited warranty, we will pay for materials reasonably necessary to repaint, repair, or replace, at our option the building part showing the failure. In order for the warranty to be in effect; however, you must notify us in writing of the failure within 90 days of the discovery of such problem and provide documentation we may require. If we repaint, we will use normal painting practices using the same paint, or other suitable alternatives. This warranty also applies to the part that we repainted, repaired, or replaced, but only for the unexpired portion of the warranty period applicable to the original part.
- Our LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY to circumstances that we do not control: a. Fire or other casualty or physical damage;
- Unusual harmful fumes or foreign substance in the atmosphere, i.e., animal confinement, acid rain;
- The misapplication of the sheet metal product,
- Improper treatment of or defects in the metal or in the fabrication, i.e., wet metal in bundle; and
- Mishandled products, i.e., ANY PRODUCT, WHICH HAS BEEN ABUSED, ALTERED, MODIFIED, USED IN A MANNER NOT ORIGINALLY INTENDED OR STORED CONTRARY TO OUR INSTRUCTIONS.
- This warranty will apply only to metal that is coated with our sheet metal paint system and used on property located within the Continental United States.
- The coil coating has a limited shelf life. So, this warranty applies only to material applied by you within six (6) months after it is shipped to Steel Buildings & Structures Inc. As long as the sheet metal has been stored inside a dry space.
- For our warranty to apply, you must maintain certain records. You need to make them available to us for inspection and copying. These may include:
- Steel Buildings & Structures Inc Work Order Verifications
- Steel Buildings & Structures Inc Invoices
- Any other records necessary to identify our sheet metal product that gives proof of purchase date, quantity, and price.
- We need to make clear that this is our only warranty concerning our sheet metal. So, please read and understand the following:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, STEEL BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES INC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SHEET METAL PRODUCTS PAINT SYSTEM INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER MATTER.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, STEEL BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES INC SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY DESCRIPTION, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF WARRANTY OR OTHER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT OR SET FORTH HEREIN ARE AGREED ALLOCATIONS OR RISK AND SHALL SURVIVE THE DETERMINATION OF ANY COURT OR COMPETENT JURISDICTION THAT THE REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
That is our complete warranty. It set out all of our obligations regarding the sheet metal system. It is only for your benefit and is not assignable. It cannot be changed by such things as your purchase order forms or our acceptance forms. But it can be changed if Steel Buildings & Structures Inc agrees in writing.